Sunday, December 19, 2010

It was love at first sight.

I wasn't so sure. He liked to speak in low tones and chat about nothing and the universe. He gave me food for thought and asked if I understood. I just nodded my head. I wondered if I really did understand him. He liked coffee and non-fiction and running in the cold. I felt uninteresting. I felt like an adult. This was an adult conversation. He smiled at me and I knew I was in love. I felt like a teenager.

I wondered if I’d ever felt happy until this moment. I wondered why I needed him to be happy. I wondered a great many things until I gave myself up to the feeling. Love is like feeling alive. As if, before this moment, I was dead inside just moving along without any real concept of what it was like to live. It gave me reason. I hated it. With every fiber of my being, I hated that he was the one who made me feel this way. I know now it was love at first sight, yes, but I wasn’t happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment