Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Life Less than Ordinary

"Why are you here?"

Good question.

Why am I here? For all I know this could be a dream. The human experience could be completely unpurposed. Everything in life could be a massive coincidence. We're being cheated by our brains into thinking life is more than it is. Sensationalizing every encounter, memory, emotion, etc. all for naught. Perhaps nothing happens for a reason; perhaps the conception of good and bad is unfounded. Maybe the construction of right and wrong, as well, is baseless. Maybe we’ll never know.

Why am I here? In fact, why are all of us here on Earth? I might be here to change the world (For the better? Possibly.), or I might be here to make change for a dollar for the next person who asks. That might be all I'm good for. Maybe my kind act is nearly ineffectual but that's beside the point. We could all use a little change, right?

Why am I here? In order to conceive over 100 million sperm fight to fertilize the egg, but all of us living now are the one that won. 1 to 99999999 chances don't seem very promising and yet all of us beat the odds and we're here.

Why am I here? According to astronomers, 'Earth is neither central nor special; we inhabit no unique place in the universe.' However Earth is the only planet that can support life as far as we know. So, I guess that answers that.

At the moment, "I'm here for my 2 o'clock appointment."

No comments:

Post a Comment